I think you are correct, Mary.  The place field = location list and if you want
distinguish between specific places in a city (or county, for that matter, when
you don't
have a city involved) by putting a pin in each of them, then you have to have a
way to
distinguish between them in the location list.

There are probably better ways to accomplish this, but I've been putting
locations in like
"Seagraves - Cemetery, Gaines County, Texas" and "Seagraves - Walter Perry
homestead,
Gaines County, Texas".  It requires a little work to manipulate the pins to the
exact
places I want them to be, but so far, it's been worth it to me to do it.  It's
actually
sort of fun to be able tweak the map pins.

I've also found some things I didn't know existed until I had to fool around
with
researching things that VE couldn't automatically find.  I had no idea there
was a Calfee
Road in Montgomery County where my Calfee kin lived & died until I had to
search out where
the cemetery pin needed to go.  (I'll be darned!  How about that?! <grin>)

Penny