Hi Chuck
Don't worry about re-asking questions (although checking the archives of
this list is always a good idea).

>From the help file:  "Keep track of your research notes concerning an
individual or his/her family.  This might include the process by which this
individual was found, information about the sources used, and notes about
further research that needs to be done."

The do to list is a much more structured way of organising your research
tasks, the specific fields allow you to run a report for a specific
locality, repository, individual or group.

Have a look at the sample file and the 'research notes' and 'to do' list
entries for Asa Clark BROWN.

Just a some people prefer to keep all the information about an individual in
the Notes rather than events, some people make extensive use of the research
notes and others barely use it.

--
Kind Regards
Margaret

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Chuck Arbogast
Sent: Sunday, 29 June 2008 11:52 a.m.

Hello,
  I hope this hasn't been covered before.  I'm wondering what the
difference in the research notes for each individual and the the To-Do
list for an individual.  I have been putting things that I needed to
research for an individual in the research notes and not the To-Do
list.  At first I didn't think that it was a big deal because I
thought that I would be able to run a report on all peoples research
notes, but I can't find out how if you can.  So, I'm thinking that
using the To-Do list would have been better since I can view and print
those easily.  How is everyone keeping track of the items you need to
research?  The research notes or the To-Do list?  Also, if research
notes is not the correct place for future research items, then what is
the research notes for?

Thanks,
Chuck Arbogast