Hmmmmmm, interesting, Jeff, I have been wondering whether these reports of
intermittent blank maps are related to lack of internet connection at the time,
or as you suggest, possibly variation in signal strength if wireless connected.

I am awaiting delivery of a laptop which will be on my home LAN and will be
able to check this myself as well in about a week.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Mapping addresses
> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:22:31 -0400
>
> I'm always connected to the internet broadband via a home wireless LAN.
> Depending where I am at home the connection may be stronger or weaker.
>
> Retrospectively, I believe the last time the map window was blank, I may
> have had a weak connection. But that was me thinking back and trying to
> reconstruct. I plan to look at that aspect the next time it happens to see
> if that is the problem.
>
> Jeff
>
> ronald ferguson wrote:
>> Jeff,
>>
>> May sound like a silly question, but when the maps did not come up
>> were you connected to the internet?
>>

>> Ron Ferguson

>> New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
>> http://www.fergys.co.uk
>> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
>> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
>> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
>> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>>

>>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>>> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Mapping addresses
>>> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:58:49 -0400
>>>
>>> Sorry to intrude Syble, but thought additional info can only be
>>> helpful.
>>>
>>> In my case (same problem intermittently):
>>>
>>> - Windows Version: XP SP3
>>> - RAM available: 2 Gig
>>> - What methods of getting to VE have you tried: Just through Legacy.
>>> Works fine when I access VE directly ( http://maps.live.com/ ) on
>>> Firefox 2
>>> - What showed on the Screen: Blank area for map. No error message.
>>> - Whether you have IE7 installed: I do.
>>>
>>> Jeff Malka

Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay
today!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/