Alanna,

Difficult to answer as you do not say how to are accessing VE and whether you
Internet Explorer installed (you need not ever use it),

Assuming you have IE7 and have just clicked the icon - then instead go to
View>Master Sources>Locations and check that the "Show Maps" box is checked, if
not check it. You may gave to wait a while or even leave the page and go back
to it before it first works.

If it is not that please tell us:

Windows Version
RAM available
What methods of getting to VE have you tried
What showed on the Screen
Whether you have IE7 installed

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: