Ward,

With respect, and strictly speaking, that is not threading but sorting by
subject. Threading does not look at the subject but at a "thread identifier"
(for lack of a better term), thus two threads with the same subject in the
header would be shown as separate threads.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] New topic -- using Outlook Express or Windows Mail
> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 11:27:50 -0400
>
> I could never scan hundreds of LUG e-mails at one sitting without threading.
> I don't know why Dave suggests that OE is insufficient. I used OE with WinXP
> and now use the similar Windows Mail with WinVista. In both cases, simply
> toggle on or off the threading option at View --> Current View --> Group
> Messages by Conversation.
>
> Remember to turn the option back off when viewing your normal inbox folder,
> though. Otherwise, you might overlook a new e-mail reply because you are
> expecting the mail to be sorted by date.
>
> Ward

The next generation of Windows Live is here
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live