Ward,

It would seem that we are talking about different versions of OE. Bob has been
in touch with me about the same thing, sending some screen shots, and my
version is nothing like his. With mine I can sort Mail by *Subject* but not by
*Conversation*.

I've had it a very long time!

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] New topic -- using Outlook Express or Windows Mail
> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:00:37 -0400
>
> Ron,
>
> I think it is threading, for 2 reasons. First, if you expand the tree it is
> displayed hierarchically. Second, I see examples of hijacked threads all the
> time. For example, yesterday David Baker apparently replied to your post,
> according to what I see in the threading hierarchy, even though his subject
> was "Mapping - helper application" and the original thread's subject (and
> yours) was "English counties with VE". (To simply sort by subject, one only
> needs to click on the column header in the list of e-mails.)
>
> Sorry this is straying off topic, but I wanted to help LUG members who use
> Windows Mail and are feeling swamped by the high list volume. Filtering LUG
> mail into a folder and then browsing by thread are key techniques. However,
> new topics in hijacked threads can certainly be deleted accidentally if the
> parent thread remains unexpanded.
>
> Ward

The next generation of Windows Live is here
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live