----- Original Message ----- From: "Janis Gilmore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 8:29 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Census - To split or not to split, that is the question!

I am a splitter, although I split less with the new Source Writer. I am
truly curious as to why anyone cares how many Master Sources they have? I
frequently see postings to this list from people who say they are lumpers
because they don't want a heavily populated Master Source list.

But you have the same data entered in your program, through the source
detail - it's just less accessible for global access and change.

What am I missing in this? What do you view as the advantage of limiting the
number of Master Sources?

(Not being critical, plenty of room for varying opinion - just truly
curious.)

Janis

When you have the sources *exteremely* split, each one probably only applies to one person (or a very few) anyway, so you are not gaining any global change advantage.

Gary