Bruce McArthur wrote
In TMG each part of the address has a name e.g. village, city or county and you can have different names for different parts of the address depending on the country you are dealing with. In Legacy you can put anything anywhere and you could end up with a place being at several different levels over time especially if you forget to put commas in to represent missing levels.

Ah! Here you are talking about Legacy's Location field, not Address. I agree that is a bit unstructured, but a lot of people like it that way and it does mean it accommodates different country's systems very well. Personally, I never use extra commas and am quite happy for one location to be 3 fields long and another 5.

Also there is a separate address entity which appears to repeat most of the data anyway - I never did see the pont of that.

It doesn't *have* to repeat the data and for many people it will go a long way towards keeping their Locations in an orderly fashion. (All street address entries in Address and the standard City, County, State, Country in Location for example.)

As for owning a program I don't use - I keep hoping they will make it the way I want it and anyway I like playing with software! Or maybe I'm just sad.

If you are, we are a pair of saddoes!
--
Jenny M Benson