Like Linda in the previous message, for Census records I think I am a
splitter i.e. one Master source for each household (location) for each
appropriate year.

My system is based on that each census return is a piece of data associated
to a location, with this in mind I record the location and then extend the
format to record the actual Census,

For example -

A Location is recorded -

Location = Burslem (11 Bag Street), Staffordshire, England

Short Name Location = 11 Bag Street, Burslem

The element in the brackets is usually the Street name and number.

A Census Return (for the same location) is then recorded -

Source List Name = Burslem (11 Bag Street), Staffordshire - UK Census 1861

>From the Legacy Master List for both Locations and Master Source I can
readily see the appropriate entry alphabetically and in the case of Census
information the date.

In addition I find that the method is quick, simple to set up and easy to
use by just using the "copy and paste" facility.

I have not completed an entry for an ancestor from the USA as yet, but I
would be looking at adopting the same approach.

I may review my system when I have had a look at "Source Writer" in version
7.

For the time being I would welcome thoughts and observations on the above
from the user group.

Alan