Yep.  The date in question was specifically listed in a source - a Wisconsin
Death Date index.
Since 29 February in and of itself is uncommon I didn't really look at the
year.   Well, you know, until after I'd hit send on my message. ;)

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:29 PM, RICHARD SCHULTHIES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The year must be divisible by four. Both 1892 and 1896
> were the leap years aorund the time. Some clerks got
> it wrong so it could be recorded by you correctly by
> the person incorrectly. Choose the Potential Problems
> to acknowledge you accept it was 'wrong'.
> Rich in LA CA
>
> --- Melody B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this is a bug or not.  I have  a
> > date for something or other
> > that is "29 Feb 1894".
> >
> > To me, that sure looks like a valid date.  1894
> > should have been a leap
> > year.
> >
> > Unless of course it wasn't.  But if not, then I
> > don't know why.
> >
> > And if the date is correct, then Legacy 7 is having
> > a problem with it - it
> > flags it as a bad date Every single time.
> >

> > --
> > Take care,
> > Melody
> > If not now, when?