You apply the Master Source for whatever pieces of information you're using it for (birth, death, parent's name, cause of death, burial location - they're usually quite the treasure-trove.) It sounds like you've gone at it backwards. Usually you enter the information, then click on the Sources icon and either Cite a Master Source or Add a new one.

Since you've already created the Master Source, go back to the person and enter some of the information from the death certificate, then Cite the Master Source for the information you enter. It's all pretty clear with big buttons. Link the picture of it into Source Detail as further proof. It sounds like you're trying to make the Death Certificate itself into an Event. I think what we're telling you is don't. Use it as a Source of information.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Ronald E Howell wrote:
   I obviously did not explain myself fully.  Using Master Sources and the
SourceWriter, I have created the 'template'.  In the following order: Death
Records, Death Certificates, All Countries except.., Created at local/county
level, Original microfilm/microfiche.  Then I go to step 02 to enter other
information.
   I was using the scanned copy of the death certificates, as I said, as a
death picture (realizing all along that this was not effective).  Since
upgrading to V7, I would like to be able to use the above outlined feature.
   Now my questions are: Where do I use this Master Source?  Should I create
an event for 'Death Certificates'? Or just forget about using them except as
a 'Death Picture' (gruesome sounding or not). Also, how do you create Source Detail without a Master Source?
   I hope all this makes sense.
   Just Learning.