Tom,

I cannot tell. What were your index settings? Is there any connection between
your sister and Anderson eg AKA, married name, step father etc. etc. even in
error (no offence to your family meant btw. just options)?

I cannot offer an explanation as to why the first and second run were
different, but sometimes things do seem to stick a bit and check/repair or
closing/reopening can sort of bump start it.

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Problems with Name Index in Book
> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:15:21 -0400
>
> Continuing to work with the Publishing Center's book feature, I just printed
> out Name Index for my major family.
>
> The first time one (1) name was shown at the beginning of the list in the
> (No surname) section. It was an "aka" name and I went to the proper place
> and fixed that.
>
> I re-ran and printed the Name Index. This time there were six (6) names
> listed in the (No Surname) section at the beginning of the index. I wondered
> why those six names weren't there the first time. I checked the Individual
> Information Screen for each of the six but didn't see a problem.
>
> I also noticed that the Name Index was longer the 2nd time I ran the report.
> There were more people under several of the Surname headings then there had
> been the first time. I'll mention one instance - The2nd time my sister was
> included under Anderson as "Shirley Lou (Herson) (1928- )." She was not
> in the first printing, nor were several others, although she should have
> been. I made NO changes to the settings between the first and 2nd printing
> of the report.
>
> I did the File Maintainence/Check Report thing and the 3rd printing was the
> same as the 2nd with six individual showing under the (No Surname) section
> of the Name Index for no apparent reason.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I've submitted this as a Problem
> Report. It would be nice to try something in the Publishing Center that
> didn't disclose a problem ;-)
>
> Tom Herson
> Ithaca, NY

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571440/direct/01/