When I try the "hover your cursor over the field name on the left and a yellow memo field will appear", it does not appear on my screen . . . and I do have the latest build.

Karima

"Geoff Rasmussen" wrote:

Tip #1 - Faint instructions
The image below (click for larger) shows the Source Detail screen for adding information about an England birth certificate. Notice that each field contains faint, light-grey text providing a tip for what should be entered in that field. For example, the Registration District field's tip says "Type the registration district." So here you would type the registration district.

Did you notice that when you click in a field to start typing the information that the light-grey text disappears? This works as intended, but sometimes it would sure be nice to know what the text says, to remind you what you are supposed to type. The solution is simple. Just hover your cursor over the field name on the left and a yellow memo field will appear with the same instructions that are in the field. This is also helpful when there is not enough room on your screen to see all of the instructions.