OK. First question. Is the Event one of the four (BirthChriDiedBur) or an
Event/Fact? New Event/Type or already used? New Source or already used one?
SourceWriter or BasicStyle? I am guessing you are using SourceWriter. There
have been problems reported in somewhat similar situations. Did you skip any
fields. I know it shouldn't matter, but it might. You said,
'When I reopen Legacy, I need to re-enter the event again, but the source
clipboard is saved.'
Again was this a NEW clipboard source, or a repeat. I read it as new. It may be
a problem with order of input. I don't use the clipboard much, but I would
create the NEW source, before opening the Event screen. This may be a quirk to
fix, or an intentional, desired path to use/not use. Since the underlying
program MS Access, has its own quirks and ideas of order, it may be confusing
the DB. But at the present time, until we hear otherwise (or if I guessed
wrong, and it works differently than I state), I would until furthur notice,
create the sources-events in that order. I would gladly hear from those who use
the described tool order successfully.
What I think is the problem:
Create new Event, go to clipboard, add new source, edit clipboard detail
screen, Save Source, Save Event.
Hope I got it right?
Rich in LA CA