Yes, Keith, it runs quite well on a Mac. I have it on both my MacBook Air
and my iMac, running on Fusion. The problem with Boot Camp is that it
requires you to boot your computer as either a Mac or a PC, and you can't go
back and forth without shutting down.

I haven't tried Parallels. The Apple Store recommended Fusion, and that's
what I went with.

On my MacBook Air, which is by nature limited in resources, it runs fine -
actually better than fine - quite well. I am more than happy to travel with
it, and use it as my sole database. However, on the iMac, which has loads of
resources, it performs just as well as on a PC.

The installation of Fusion is easy, and the creation of a virtual machine is
easy. Be aware that you will have to purchase some version of Windows (I am
on Windows XP for this purpose, although I was on Vista before I deserted my
PC). If you have two computers, you will have to purchase Windows twice - a
significant investment.

Having said all of the above, I am thrilled after 15 years of PC to back on
a Mac, which I started on in 1986, and used until our company went PC. There
is really no comparison. (Shameless editorializing.)

Janis