I uninstalled Legacy program from my "C" drive and just use left over
files ie: data, backup on my "C" as a secondary backup to my new "M"
drive. I SUCCESSFULLY installed Legacy 7 on my new external hard drive
and then copied my files to the new drive. I'll get a flash drive and
make backups to that as well.
--
- Christina  Hruška
    --And the Dragon Grins...

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:22 PM, JLB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I'm reading this right, your 'external' hard-drive was actually a second
> internal HD.  I believe the reason that it won't install to an external
> hard-drive is that there's no registry there.  It's a portable device like a
> flash-drive, just bigger.
> -----
> JL
> JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
> http://www.jgen.ws/jlog.html
>
> Dennis M. Kowallek wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:40:54 -0700, JLB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> but the installation of Legacy must be on your C-drive.
>>>

>> Unless something has changed, this isn't true. I just looked at my old
>> PC and I have an old version of Legacy installed on the E: drive (2nd
>> physical internal HD, 1st physical HD has C: and D: partitions).
>>
>> And I don't see why Legacy couldn't be installed (and work) on an
>> external HD (never tried it). But don't expect it to work if you unplug
>> that external drive from that PC and move it to another PC.
>>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

- Christina  Hruška