On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:30:50 -0700, JLB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Did OP, Joan, get lost in this fray?  I think what we got to is that you
>cannot install Legacy on an external drive, independently.  It will
>still put registry keys and dll's on your C-drive. Is that where we
>are?  For Joan's sake, I mean.

I did not see Joan's original post (must have been HTML). But from what
I saw quoted she was not intending to port the external drive from one
PC to another. So the answer to her question is "yes", she should be
able to install Legacy on her E: drive (as other posters have done).
Having answered that question, she still has a problem with her
multimedia files which needs to be addressed. She said she looked at the
Locations tab and tested the multimedia paths, which sounds right. But
since she reverted to a C: install, I am not sure we can help her
troubleshoot this anymore (unless someone else has another idea). If she
tries again to install on E:, then we can probably be more helpful.

Any other ideas out there?

--

Dennis Kowallek - Genealogy Website Consulting
http://consulting.kowallekfamily.com/