Mark,

If you go to Options>Customise>View there is a check box for showing child
status, however in v7 at least it doesn't seem to do anything, not on my set up
at anyrate. It is not something I have used so I don't know what it should do
and there is nothing to assist in the Help Files.

To test it again I made my daughter adopted and nothing showed, and this is not
because I have columns of kids! Whether other symbols affect the output I don't
know.

I would suggest that perhaps Legacy could give a definative answer?

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: