Elizabeth Richardson wrote
So, Bill, when you look at a book at the library, do you cite the library as the source? I have looked at the original State of Nevada Index via Ancestry.com. Why would I need to go to Carson City to cite the State of Nevada Index?

For any website such as Ancestry I have no problem with a citation along the lines of "Ancestry.com, citing the State of Nevada Index."

I haven't a clue about what goes on in Nevada, but in England and Wales, there are often several copies of BMD Indexes from the GRO and different websites might be using scans of different copies so I think it is important to say where I found the copy of the Index I am citing.
--
Jenny M Benson

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
  Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **