Jenny,

As I think you know, that is how I do it. However I can sympathise with JLB and
if I had started using his system I doubt if I would wish to change my way of
working, given the number of entries.

To comment on your other email on this subject, I have contacted JLB off-list
with respect to using OOo to produce the results he requires.

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:38:51 +0000
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] looking for cems
>
> JLB wrote
>>I can get a similar list quite easily. What I'm looking for is a way to
>>sort that list by cemetery. In one of my 'counties' I have dozens of
>>different cemeteries. I can pick them out one by one by going through
>>500 or so entries in the Master Event Address list. I'm just looking
>>for a shortcut. I think several people have tried it now and the
>>general consensus is that it's beyond Legacy's abilities.
>
> If this is a sort of search you are likely to want to make quite often,
> perhaps you should consider putting full addresses into the Location
> field instead of using the Address fields.
>
> Yes! I know this is against best database practice and as Event Address
> and the other Address fields are there in Legacy it seems to make sense
> to use them. However, I have recently been converted from that idea to
> the idea of using only Location fields (it's very useful for the mapping
> function as well).
>
> From time to time people ask LUGgers if/how they can do something in
> Legacy and the answer is that they can, but by adopting a different
> method. Very often in such cases, the discussion ends with someone
> saying that the Legacy programmers should re-write some part of the
> program. I think it might be more realistic for us users to adapt our
> working methods a little.
>
> There! I suspect I have just said something rather controversial -
> follow-ups should prove interesting!
> --
> Jenny M Benson

Discover Bird's Eye View now with Multimap from Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354026/direct/01/

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
   Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **