Elizabeth Richardson wrote
I agree that reports should be showing the birth name. However, I don't know that you "should" put married names in the AKA field. You "could" do so if you wish.

I agree. Personally, I don't. Whenever I am entering information from a document or other source, I enter the information as it is given, so the names of Joe Bloggs's wife will be entered as Fanny Adams but when she appears on a Census after he marriage that data will be entered as "Fanny Bloggs ..." or perhaps from a newspaper report or letter she will be "Mrs Joe Bloggs".

I think this is sufficient to indicate that she was known as Mrs Bloggs. If she is a lady of the late 20th Century I may well have documentation that shows her first as Fanny Adams and later as "Ms Adams" or as "Joe Bloggs and his wife Fanny Adams."
--
Jenny M Benson