Elizabeth,

On the web it is below the vital Events and there is a line which says "Also
known as xxxxxx". Not doing many written reports I think it comes after the
name, in brackets, in both cases I think one has to use a check box for it to
show.

Sure, one can work it out from the surnames of *all* the husbands, and I really
should add that I started to do this pre V7 so that I could readily print a
list of women using their married name, or anybody else with a name change, for
eg. searching death records. However, I have continued the practice.

In certain circumstances it is also useful for "common law" wives and others
who retain their maiden name on marriage but are also know by their partner's
surname in some circumstances, and it would not be appropriate to formally
include the partner's surname as hers when it appears on the marriage name list.

As you said though, how one uses it is a personal decision.

*New Tutorial* Publish your Web Pages  - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: