Hi Ron,

I have managed to solve the problem, I think.

Running the File Maintenance>Check Repair twice, did nothing.  I had already
run it several times before writing in.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software - no difference.

I could not use the parents icon to link as, it was telling me they were
already linked (marked 1), although the names were not in the box.

In the end, I did what (I think) you were suggesting by linking the two
parents again, in effect creating another marriage.  As soon as I did this,
2 came up against the parents icon.  When I opened it the names were down
twice (one set had a star by the side, the other had nothing).  I took a
guess and unlinked the one - fortunately it was the correct one, and that
solved it.  I then deleted the duplicate marriage I had created, from the
marriage list, run file maintenance>repair twice, and everything now seems
fine.

Thank you for that, Ron.

I don't understand why the names disappeared in the first place, especially
as the parents icon was still showing a 1. Then as soon as I added the
parents again, both sets came up.  Weird?

Thanks once more.

Best wishes

David

David S Brookes
Musical Director, The Brewood Singers
        www.brewoodsingers.co.uk
Organist & Choirmaster, Polesworth Abbey
        www.polesworthabbey.co.uk
Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/musicaldirector54