On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:53:14 -0800 (PST), Roxanne <maighe...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In the beginning, I would attempt to export my file to a GEDCOM 5.5 file, as I
>usually do once a month. While exporting individuals, I would get this
>message:
>
>Error 3163: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted
>to add.  Try inserting or pasting less data.
>Would you like to TRY IT AGAIN?

I remember reading your original post. It was confusing because it kept
mentioning rootsweb. Is the problem happening during a basic GEDCOM 5.5
export? You can't do an export to a .ged (regardless of how you intend
to use the .ged)?

Have you tried exporting the problem database to a new Legacy database
first? Any errors when you do this?

--

Dennis Kowallek
LTools - Legacy Tools

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***