This is another one of those "What do others tend to do?" questions.

I like to get my census event details pretty exact. When I am filling in the
detail info, and come to the "ID of Person" field, I'm not entirely sure whose
name to fill in.

I know that in the US censuses from 1840 on back, I can only use the head of
household name. Am I correct in continuing to use that for 1850 forward? Or
should I be using the name of the person for whom I am recording the event? I'm
thinking mainly of the cases where an ancestor works in the household of
someone to whom they are not related.

What is the SOP?

Thanks in advance,
Roxanne Baird

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***