Gene,

To the second part of your problems, the default for the backup adds the date to the file name so it is always going to create a new file. But, you have an option to turn the date stamp off. If you choose that, you will again get the message to overwrite the existing file.

I don't have the same problem with the Relationship Calculator. You may have a corrupt *.usr file. I just looked and couldn't tell for certain which one it might be.

Jim

From: Gene Hutson
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:08 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Rel. Calc. and Back-up

Hi All,

  Anyone else notice these two problems or am I the only
   lucky one to be plagued??

  If I bring up the Relationship Calculator with myself in the right side
   window and I try to bring my own mother up instead, I hit the swap
   button and it will cycle for an hour only to come up and say that she
   is in fact my mom.

  In previous versions when you went to back up your data at the end
   of a session, it would tell you that whatever file already existed, do
   you want to over-write it?? Now it just keeps adding all these back-up
   files instead of over-writing them. I hadn't noticed it until I saw my
   available space on my hard drive slowly diminishing. After looking in
   "Data" I found like 24 different backed up files. After deleting all but
   the most recent, my available space once again jumped like 5 percentage
   points.

  Just thought someone ought to know.

     Gene Hutson