jaemtp:

Nope, it's still coming through as HTML.  The trouble is that some of our list
members are on dial-up with no high speed connection option.  Worse still, some
have traffic limitations and they get understandably aggravated when an HTML
message eats up an inordinate chunk of their monthly allotment.  So it's
actually a case of justified complaining rather than arbitrary etiquette rules
or sniping.  It's a shame that HTML can't be automatically stripped as it is
with RootsWeb lists, but it's something we have to live with.

Personally I'd rather walk over hot coals than go back to data entry via FTM
although I do occasionally gedcom my data from Legacy to an old FTM version to
use a particular feature.  This is an option you might keep in mind.

Hopefully Elizabeth's message resolved the trouble you're having.  Like her, I
have no problems with half-sibling relationships and adoptions.  I also have no
problem with the "missing" ibid feature.  I most often use the Descendant Book
Report for one or two generations with sources as endnotes at the end of the
book, so each citation prints only once but is often keyed to many different
family members.  In this format there's no call for ibid.  There are so many
different report formats available that it's usually helpful if when you're
having a problem you state exactly which report you're selecting and give a
brief rundown of the options checked.

And in spite of the rough start I'll say, Welcome to Legacy; welcome to the
list.

Kirsten