  From: RobinH<mailto:robinsn...@actrix.co.nz>
  To:
LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com<mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>

  Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Flash Drive

  Very true but I suspect that the flash drive or something like it will
  be around for a long time. In fact if I were a manufacturer of hard
  drives I would be getting into the solid-state technology as fast as I
  could, and I think many are doing just that.

  I started with the Commodore C64 and then the Amiga: what you could do
  with a whole megabyte of RAM if the operating system was lean and mean!
  So I've seen things change a lot.

  Robin (cracking his buggy whip)

  Elizabeth Richardson wrote:
  > It is good to remember that technology does advance and change. I had
  > a Zip drive (could hold 100mb) many years ago before you could save to
  > a CD (670mb) and it was the only way you could save large files
  > (floppies were 1.44mb). Of course, that has gone the way of buggy
  > whips. I suspect the same will happen to flash drives.

  Legacy User Group guidelines:

http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp<http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Etiquette.asp>
  Archived messages:

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/<http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/>