I wouldn't dream of using a flash-drive as primary backup. If the flash-drive broke, was stolen or lost, Mozy went bust and my house burned down all on the same day, that *would* be a bad day.
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog

Sherry/Support wrote:
Just make sure it never gets lost or stolen and that you have a backup of all
that data in another location in case the plug fails on the thumb drive, the
most vulnerable part of the thumb drive.

Personally I'd never "store" anything of any importance on a thumb drive. I
*always* backup any changed data to the computer in which the drive is plugged into
before unplugging it.

Thumb drivers were designed to transport data from one computer to another, not
to be a main storage device.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
supp...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.