Jackie

Terrell Dorn wrote:
What we really need is a Linux version!

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 1:39 AM, Colin Liddell <cap...@optusnet.com.au <mailto:cap...@optusnet.com.au>> wrote:

    You still had to remove it from your hard drive about every twelve
    months and format the drive and re-install ME otherwise it got
    very flakey!
Colin.

        ----- Original Message -----
        *From:* gtemplem...@comcast.net <mailto:gtemplem...@comcast.net>
        *To:* LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
        <mailto:LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
        *Sent:* Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:39 AM
        *Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Computers

        ME was much more problematic if it was installed as an
        upgrade on a computer with Windows 95 or 98 already on it.
        Factory installs, or ones done where the drive was
        re-formatted and ME installed clean did much better.
Gary Templeman
            From: "Elizabeth Richardson" <erich...@worldnet.att.net
            <mailto:erich...@worldnet.att.net>>

            > Ward, I appreciate your post. I used ME for 6 years and
            it never crashed on
            > me. But I know that it was a miserable experience for
            many. I know Vista
            > users for whom it is a miserable experience, though you
            are correct, it
            > doesn't crash. Mary asked for opinions. I gave mine.
            >
            > Elizabeth
            > researching the descendants of William and Sarah
            (Patterson) Thompson

            Vista is the disaster
            > >> that ME was in 1999, and Microsoft is already coming
            out with another OS.
            > >> That said, I don't think the Error 91 problem has
            anything to do with
            > >> either Vista nor Dell. I have had the Error 91
            problem occasionally, but
            > >> only with Legacy. It's a Legacy problem in my
            opinion, but it might not
            > >> plague you.
            > >>
            > >> Elizabeth
            > >> researching the descendants of William and Sarah
            (Patterson) Thompson

            & gt;

            http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp