Pat,

You will find much disagreement on the topic of using the full address in the
location field. I do, and accept the penalty that it can cause problems when
using the Geo-locator, although I do find improved results with the mapping.

Now completely revised
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> From: p...@borcherding.us
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Need overall help
> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:16:45 -0500
>
> I’m not new to genealogy, but I feel like I am
> so snowed under with legacy 7. I had been using FTM since it came out, but was
> not happy with their new format, so wanted a change. I have been reading the
> book, reading the emails and now I’m just going to ask for help from you
> all, I really want to start, but find I am having difficulty finding, or
> perhaps adjusting.
>

> The Master Location listing, I understand the logic
> behind it, (I’m working my English side) you have the mapping system, why
> just put the village and country, it could be a large village and if you
> wanted
> to visit or see what was actually around that area, just having the name of
> the
> village makes it harder? I have started putting the whole address down, so
> that
> I can see where the location really is, has anyone else done this? Comments
> please.
>

> Picture gallery, I can’t move a pictures from
> one field to another in the picture gallery?
>

> I would really love to have a Legacy buddy to help me with
> these problems I am having. Thanks for listening.
>

> Pat

Twice the fun—Share photos while you chat with Windows Live Messenger. Learn
more.
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/windowslive/products/messenger.aspx