Meg,

Firstly I had no problems with families when upgrading from V6 to V7. I would
suggest with your duplicate family that you unlink and then relink. I cannot
see that reinstalling Legacy would achieve anything as the problem is in your
files - before unlinking you might like to try running File>File
Maintenance>Check/Repair a couple of times.

I do not know about V4 but I am from V5 onwards it has not been possible to
globally sort marriages and frankly I can see only a disater in waiting should
it be possible.

As I said in a previous email, frequently I find that I do not have a date for
a second or later marriage. If there was a global sort by date these would
become the 1st marriage - disaster! Are you really saying that you have dates
for all your multiple marriages becasue I certainly haven't and I doubt if many
of us have?

*New* Improved Interface for OpenOffice.org Contacts Database
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:25:43 -0600
> From: scotques...@bartnet.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: [LegacyUG] 1st and 2nd spouses reversed AND duplicated names for
> spouses
>
> It looks like I may be reversing several hundred spouse orders in the
> near future. The method of using the up/down arrows when viewing the
> spouses works but its going to be a tedious job. I cannot understand
> why v7 would not be able to sort out 2 dates so one would be before the
> other. Same formats for dates both in acceptable styles [like 2 Sep,
> 1884 and 18 Jan, 1898]. The reversed names were not like this on v4.
>
> I've not yet printed out any Legacy reports in v7, only a few family
> group sheets in v4. Is there a method whereby I can find all the people
> with 2 or more spouses linked to them ? Even if its just a report, I
> can then find them from the printed list. Otherwise it seems there may
> be no way to find all the names needing reversed other than trial and
> error.
>
> And a new problem has been found with ONE marriage I've found [so
> far]....both husband and wife have their spouses listed TWICE. Its as
> if they divorced and then re-married each other. They didn't marry
> anyone but each other....and it was only once. There are not duplicate
> names in the Index, so I cannot delete one of them, I tried and was
> warned of severing relationships I did not wish to sever. This showed
> up after the move to v7 as its a family I visit often for references.
>
> More ideas please....or should I re-install v7 ? We can hopefully find
> where the Legacy file is stored that we used for the move from v4. Meg
> Greenwood

Windows Live Messenger just got better .Video display pics, contact updates &
more.
http://www.download.live.com/messenger