From: "RICHARD SCHULTHIES" <fourpa...@verizon.net>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Ubiquitous error 91

As I said, I was guessing, but knowing I have never created/added a person
named 'Unknown', so all of the ones in my Lugacy DB are placeholders create
by the program itself. Since they showed up after I had a crash, and I had 3
backups a few months apart; because my old computer, being too small to hold
all my DBs at the same time, when I merged all onto the new bigger drive,
with many duplicates expected, I found many 'Unknowns' added to single
parents (spouse Unk.) and parentless children (both par. added); so I went
through and unlinked the ones that showed up in the 'Name List'. I also
unlinked the 'Unk - Unk' parents, since I had no source for them to create
them.
I understand the display for the program showing 'Unknown' for blank fields,
but on thinking this furthur, I would prefer the computer change it's naming
system to 'No data found'. Then those people who would like to create an
'Unknown' can see which they have missed, and those who do not, will see the
reminder to fix it, and choices to print/not the above stuff. It would work
the same way that print/not living works.
Using the marriage list, for the husbands I have 4 pages (scrolls) of
Unknown husbands, but 23 pages of Unknown wifes. I have 'unlinked' the
Unknown/Unknown couples from the parentless people, then deleted the
marriage of those MRINs.
Since 'Unknown' is accepted by the LDS (with good reasonings behind it), I
don't want to change the system, just what Legacy does with my data.
Rich in LA CA