> From: sc...@hotmail.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] How to show child status in descendant report or chart
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:50:02 +0900
>
>>In most reports in Report Options>Include there are check boxes for child
> and parents status - have you checked them?
>
> Well basically that was my question and I would assume that this option
> would be under the "include" tab AND IT IS NOT for the descendant chart. It
> is for the narrative and book reports.
>
> As both these reports are fairly verbose and I much prefer the descendant
> chart for its brevity.

It is obviously compact because certain fields have been omitted, you could
always use the the enhance request under the Home tab to request more.

>>Why is that incorrect? I am not clear what you mean here as the child is
> not a descendant of the couple.
>
> I didn't realise I said this was incorrect. I was merely stating the
> situation and what I'd done to get around it.

Sorry, but that was my impression

My question was "Is there any
> way to get it to say "adopted" in the descendant chart."

A step/adopted child is not a descendant of one one or both of the spouses and,
in my view should not be included in a descended chart for the non-biological
parent.

>>Not sure what you mean by 'family card', but in general an adopted, step
> child will show twice. This is a) correct, and b) there isn't another way to
> do it.
>
> Refer above.
> As I have used other gene programs, they use different terminology. I
> didn't think it would be so confusing to anyone but I was obviously wrong.
> Legacy calls it "Family View".

'Fraid it did - I actually thought you were referring to the Family Chart

> Again, basically I am happy with how everything works and I understand how
> and why it works as it does. I would simply like to be able to see if the
> child was adopted in the descendant chart. As a bonus, I would like it to
> also show if there are twins.
>
> Since reunion now shows 1/2 children it would be nice if they took the next
> logical step and included an option to include them in the reports. I
> understand that this is not technically correct

As I said, you can request an enhancement

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/