To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Can't Preview Reports with Latest Update?

--- On Sat, 3/21/09, ronald ferguson <ronfe...@msn.com> wrote:

Connie,

The first thing which I would try would be to close and
reopen Legacy, if that does not work then do the same with
your PC.

I would then try running File Maintenance>Check/Repair,
then if no luck, deleting the .usr file for that report.

Ron Ferguson

Thanks, Ron, but I've already tried all those things, plus opened a file created in an earlier version of Legacy (just to make sure my main file isn't somehow to blame) and reset my customized options to default. I've rebooted after trying each "fix." Next, I'll try a system restore (although Legacy is the only program I'm seeing any problems with; I can print from other programs just fine).

Other ideas before I contact Customer Service???

To clarify, it is not just that I can't preview reports, I can't generate or print a report. The report screen pops up and I can sometimes change the person for whom I want the report, but then the process hangs, sometimes after pressing the Preview or Print button, sometimes before. The reports I've tried so far include pedigree, FGS, and individual, and narrative descendant.

The other functions I've tried in Legacy seem to work okay, i.e. I can enter a new person, add a source to an existing person, etc. But it consistently "hangs" when "collecting" data to generate a report. I'm using XP Home with SP3 on an HP laptop with McAfee Security Center if that gives any clues.

Thanks,

Connie