> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:26:46 -0700
> From: clshee...@yahoo.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Can't Preview Reports with Latest Update?
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>

> --- On Sat, 3/21/09, ronald ferguson wrote:
>
>> Connie,
>>
>> The first thing which I would try would be to close and
>> reopen Legacy, if that does not work then do the same with
>> your PC.
>>
>> I would then try running File Maintenance>Check/Repair,
>> then if no luck, deleting the .usr file for that report.
>>
>> Ron Ferguson
>

> Thanks, Ron, but I've already tried all those things, plus opened a file
> created in an earlier version of Legacy (just to make sure my main file isn't
> somehow to blame) and reset my customized options to default. I've rebooted
> after trying each "fix." Next, I'll try a system restore (although Legacy is
> the only program I'm seeing any problems with; I can print from other
> programs just fine).
>
> Other ideas before I contact Customer Service???
>
> To clarify, it is not just that I can't preview reports, I can't generate or
> print a report. The report screen pops up and I can sometimes change the
> person for whom I want the report, but then the process hangs, sometimes
> after pressing the Preview or Print button, sometimes before. The reports
> I've tried so far include pedigree, FGS, and individual, and narrative
> descendant.
>
> The other functions I've tried in Legacy seem to work okay, i.e. I can enter
> a new person, add a source to an existing person, etc. But it consistently
> "hangs" when "collecting" data to generate a report. I'm using XP Home with
> SP3 on an HP laptop with McAfee Security Center if that gives any clues.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Connie

Connie,

Before doing a System Restore I would try "Last Known Good Configuration" -
it's in the same place as the "Safe Mode" - I don't know where that is on your
PC but on mine it's f8 on start up (I think!).

Whether either would solve a problem which is clearly a Legacy problem I very
much doubt, but who knows?

Since the preview/print routines are working with your other programs it would
seem that it is a Legacy problem rather than a system one and re installing
Legacy might be the only answer. Before doing so I would delete all the usr
files relating to the reports. It may be something else, I just don't know, but
if so it may be necessary to delete the lot before reinstalling. Support may be
able to advise ont his.

Sorry, it's not much help, but it's a new one for me.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: