It's this type of problem that keeps me from posting when I have a
problem.  After my last problem I decided if I needed future help  would
post it on the rootsweb user group.

I think you need to forward those private flames to the list
administrator and ask for reprimand.  They have no right to contact you
without prior permission, especially with their intent and the
administrator should deal with them accordingly.
Paul