Interesting thread.  I am curious about a detail trying to list the name of a
place within a timeframe, though.  (Without starting a discussion on whether
states who seceded from the U.S. were or were not still a part of the U.S.A,
please!!)

Would you simply put C.S.A. after South Carolina when an even happened in 1863?
 Or would you spell out Confederate States of America ?  (assuming that some
readers of your data might not automatically understand what the initials mean)

Just came home from the NEAGS swap meet in Gadsden, Alabama.  Heard a lot of
compliments on Legacy while I was there!

Penny