Brian/Support wrote:

You cannot put the program on a flash drive, it needs files that have to be in the Windows system folders to work correctly.

You could put your data file on a flash drive but you would have to find a computer with Legacy already installed to be able to access the file. If there is an LDS Family History Center in the area you could contact them to see if they have Legacy installed on their computers. We provide free copies to Family History Centers but not all of them have taken us up on the offer.

Some memory sticks here, come with U3 software pre-installed on them. Although I don't use it, the software is supposed to be able let you put an installation package on the stick that will be installed on which ever machine you plug the stick into.

Not quite the same as a truly portable application that can run from the stick, but a useful adjunct provided that you remember to remove the installed software once you leave the macine.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry