You are BRAVE!? Good idea . . . I may try it!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Watkins <watki...@ozonline.com.au>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Tue, 19 May 2009 3:38 pm
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] WEB PAGE CREATOR

Dennis M. Kowallek wrote:?
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 09:11:04 +1000, Ian Watkins?
> <watki...@ozonline.com.au> wrote:?
>?
> >> Has anyone else found a problem with the inability of the web page >>
> >> creator to create the correct HTML code when including a JPEG image in >>
> >> an individual page. I have tried to create web pages with a JPEG image >>
> >> only to have Legacy record the JPEG image as a JPG file. (3 alpha >>
> >> instead of a 4 alpha file extension). I have reported the problem to >>
> >> Legacy.?
>> >?
> What version of Legacy and what style of web page are you creating??
>?
> My experience is that Legacy will copy the image over to the folder you?
> specify on the Project tab. In the process it will change the file's?
> extension from .jpeg to .jpg. The links in the HTML point to .jpg, as?
> they should.?
>?
> IOW, I cannot duplicate your problem.?
> > Thanks for your response Dennis?
?
I store all my images in a directory on c drive. Also on c drive is the legacy
directory - two separate directories each with many folders.?
?
The images I use are JPEG files not JPG files.?
?
I add the JPEG images to an individuals photo gallery in the normal way -
either individually or via the picture center. All OK so far (Initially the
picture center would not recognise a JPEG file however this has been corrected
by Legacy when I pointed out the problem to them).?
?
My web site is set up with images in one folder and the web pages in another
folder (mirroring the structure I have on my PC). The images I want to use on
my web site are transferred to the web image folder withot change - ie they are
transferred as JPEG images.?
?
When I create web pages using the Legacy "Create Web Pages" option Legacy
creates the pages OK except that Legacy changes the image extension from JPEG
to JPG.?
?
I now have several hundred images to add to my web page and do not want to have
to individually change each JPEG extension to a JPG extension.?
?
As JPEG extension are quite common I do not see why Legacy cannot fix the
problem.?
?
Regards?
?