From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of ronald ferguson
Sent: Wednesday, 20 May 2009 20:17
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] WEB PAGE CREATOR

Dennis,

There are two problems which I have regarding your comments:

>>My web site is set up with images in one folder and the web pages in
>>another folder (mirroring the structure I have on my PC). The images I
>>want to use on my web site are transferred to the web image folder
>>withot change - ie they are transferred as JPEG images.
>
> This is where what I am seeing differs. I see x.jpeg transferred to the
> web image folder as x.jpg. So the link in the web page (to x.jpg) points
> correctly to the file in the web image folder.

Yes, I agree, Legacy does change the extension to JPG. My problem is that
some are *and must be* GIFs (or PNG) in order to retain transparency.

>>When I create web pages using the Legacy "Create Web Pages" option
>>Legacy creates the pages OK except that Legacy changes the image
>>extension from JPEG to JPG.
>
> Which I am not able to reproduce

MY experience is the same as the OP, in that in my script the GIF extension
is changed to JPG.

This has been the case since I first started to create Legacy webpages in
the early days of V5. If there is a setting somewhere that causes this then
I would love to hear where it is as I cannot find it!

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: kowal...@iglou.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] WEB PAGE CREATOR
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:06:55 -0400
>
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 08:38:26 +1000, Ian Watkins
> wrote:
>
>>I store all my images in a directory on c drive. Also on c drive is the
>>legacy directory - two separate directories each with many folders.
>>
>>The images I use are JPEG files not JPG files.
>
> As far as I know, the only difference is the file extension. If you
> renamed x.jpeg to x.jpg it would work the same. I am not an expert wrt
> to this subject, so I would be more than happy be corrected.
>
>>I add the JPEG images to an individuals photo gallery in the normal way
>>- either individually or via the picture center. All OK so far
>>(Initially the picture center would not recognise a JPEG file however
>>this has been corrected by Legacy when I pointed out the problem to them).
>>
>>My web site is set up with images in one folder and the web pages in
>>another folder (mirroring the structure I have on my PC). The images I
>>want to use on my web site are transferred to the web image folder
>>withot change - ie they are transferred as JPEG images.
>
> This is where what I am seeing differs. I see x.jpeg transferred to the
> web image folder as x.jpg. So the link in the web page (to x.jpg) points
> correctly to the file in the web image folder.
>
>>When I create web pages using the Legacy "Create Web Pages" option
>>Legacy creates the pages OK except that Legacy changes the image
>>extension from JPEG to JPG.
>
> Which I am not able to reproduce.
>
>>I now have several hundred images to add to my web page and do not want
>>to have to individually change each JPEG extension to a JPG extension.
>
> This could be done with a batch rename in a program like IrfanView as
> far as I know. But this is neither here nor there as you should not be
> forced to do this.
>
>>As JPEG extension are quite common I do not see why Legacy cannot fix
>>the problem.
>
> Actually, I rarely see .jpeg extensions. But again, this is neither here
> nor there.
>
> ***
>
> So far I have not been able to reproduce the "problem". I'll ask again
> ... what version of Legacy are you using and specifically which type of
> web page are you generating? Ancestor, descendant, pedigree, family
> group, or individual?
>
> Also tell us the name of the folder the original images are stored in
> AND the name of the web image folder that you entered on the Project
> tab.
>
> --
>
> Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
> http://zippersoftware.com/ltools
Beyond Hotmail - see what else you can do with Windows Live.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665375/direct/01/