Thanks for your response. The problem is that I'm getting a repitition of the information. I'm getting Richard's information when I "look up" Mary and Mary's when I look up Richard.

Pat

----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <ronfe...@msn.com>
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:21 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Multiple Lines of Descent .pdf--how to avoid repetition of info

Pat,

If I understand you correctly what you are getting seems to be correct. The point of the "Don't repeat duplicate lines" refers to the whole line of descendants from, in your case, Richard and Mary.

AS far as I know it is not possible to select only one of the spouses to have the details of the marriage, and nor would I wish to. If I were to look up Richard I would wish to see the full details of *his* life including any marriages. Similarly if I looked up Mary I would want the full details of *her* life including marriages. I would *not* wish to have to search for another page.

*New Tutorial* Create Standards Compliant CSS Pedigree web pages
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: