Ann Parsons wrote
I don't have any pictures in Legacy, I was just nosy and after Nina's postings I wanted to see what they were talking about.

I exited Legacy and reopened it. I clicked on Tools then Picture Center, then Browse button. I see three open folders. Top to bottom they are C:\ then Legacy then BackGrnd.

Strictly speaking, you are seeing just *one* open folder, which is C:\Legacy\BackGrnd.

Looking at that little screen (after clicking browse) double-click on Legacy. You will then see a list of all the folders within the Legacy folders. Scroll down to the one named Pictures, double-click on it to open it.

As you have no pictures in Legacy yet, you will not see any in there, but when you do add some, that is where they will be if you put them in the usual place.

It is perfectly acceptable to keep pictures in any folder or several and have Legacy access them, but it keeps life simple (especially if you are fairly new to Legacy and/or computers) if you keep them all in that default place.

(On my computer, I have quite a complex structure of folders and subfolders with all my genealogy photographs sorted by family, but all the ones I want to show within Legacy I have made copies of (often smaller than the original) and have the copies in C:\Legacy\Pictures. That way, there is only one place for Legacy to look and only one place for me to look if anything goes wrong, but I can always get a fresh copy of a photo if necessary.)
--
Jenny M Benson