Red,

I am adopted and at age 35 tracked down my biological parents, so I now have
two set of parents for me in my Legacy family file.

1. To add second set of parents, work in Family View and put the adoptee in
the husband or wife box.

2. Next click the Parents icon (tool button) in the row of icons at the
bottom of their box.

3. In the Parents screen click 'Add New Parents' and follow the steps to add
the biological parents.

4. To set the preferred parents, highlight them and click Select in the
upper right corner of the Parents screen.

5. To set the Child Status and Relationship to Parents start with the
adoptive parents in Family View and then click Edit on the menu bar and
select "Children's Settings".

6. In the Children screen set the Child Status to Adopted and set the
relationship to the father and mother, then close the screen.

Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the biological parents in Family View and set the
Child Status to Biological and the relationship to the father and mother to
Biological.

When you want to generate book style reports for the biological lineage, be
sure to click the Wording 1 tab and adjust the wording for the parents and
children to suit your preferences. Also click the Report Options tab and on
the Include tab select the options you want for Child Status and
Child-Parent Relationships.

Thank you for choosing Legacy,

Jim Terry

Technical Support