Ron Ferguson wrote:
Legacy will only ask if you wish to back-up if you have changed the file during the session. If no changes have been made then you will not be >asked.

Yes, I made sure to make at least a minor change each time I tested the various shut down procedures.

Jenny Benson wrote:
My only thought is that I would always close all programs down correctly before shutting down the computer, if at all possible. Lots of programs "do things" (delete temporary files, etc) when they are closed down and should be given the opportunity to do so.

Gary Templeman wrote:
I will second Jenny's suggestion.

I had thought of this, but I have always thought that one purpose of the Windows "correct" turn off procedure, i.e. using the "Turn Off Computer" button, was so that Windows could insure that all open programs were exited correctly, and also to save time and mouse clicks required to exit multiple programs. The fact that I get "Are you sure you want to exit Legacy" led me to believe that using the Windows procedure to exit was O.K.

Thanks for all the responses. I will try changing my habits and close all programs before turning the computer off.

Thanks,
John S. Adams
Hermosa Beach, CA