From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On Behalf
Of LeRoy Atkins
Sent: August 1, 2009 2:40 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Efficient Conversion from PAF to Legacy

Can you recommend the best way for me to convert from using PAF to using
Legacy? I have had 4 or 5 false starts and am now concerned about choosing
the best way to do it.

MY OBJECTIVES:

  1.. Keep the same MRINs
  2.. Incorporate Evidence Explained using SourceWriter
  3.. Use the most efficient means of transferring my sources and notes from

PAF
  4.. Keep my transcriptions associated with my sources

MY PAF DATABASE:

  1.. Individuals 1858
  2.. Sources 249
  3.. Citations 1040
  4.. Notes 5543

PAF HISTORY:

Years ago I started using the source feature and included actual text.

Three semesters ago I started incorporating my sources into a timeline in my

notes field in PAF along with a transcription of the document. I consider
these notes my most valuable data; however I will need to reformat my
citation to comply with Evidence Explained.

I own the training CDs volume I and II. Please give me your recommendation
for the most effective and efficient way to convert.

LeRoy Atkins

Efficient