Ward,

Notwithstanding my comments in earlier posts I have wondered the same myself,
it would seem sensible to me for not to break in mid-word to be the default. I
have never got round to suggesting this, but as I always check the box it would
remove the chance of me forgetting!

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: wnkwal...@rogers.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG]
> Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:39:26 -0400
>
> Ron,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. I was away.
>
> The short answer is no. I had not checked that checkbox option, so the
> export broke lines in mid-word, as expected. For most types of GEDCOM
> records, the import properly reconstructed those broken words. For the
> 'PAGE' record type, the import improperly inserted a space.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out, though. I imagine that there is no harm in
> choosing the 'old style' export, which works around the import bug (in case
> other software products have the same bug). I wonder why it is old style,
> and why it is not the default? The difference in file size is trivial.
>
> Ward

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/