I see where I can sort by RIN/ID, Given Name or Surname, but I don't see where I can sort by birth date.
Ruth
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Fry" <mike...@iafrica.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Things I Would Like to See

Chick Lewis wrote:

2. The ability to sort/search the index by birth date as well as
alphabetically or by RIN. This is one feature of FTM I really miss. I
often found people who were the same, but had their names spelled
slightly different.  Comparing individuals by birth date rather than
name will sometimes reveal the existence of an un-connected individual
with a different name or name change.  I have had several instances
where I have been able to connect individuals to families by comparing
birth dates.

Have you not looked at the ability to Customize the columns that are displayed in the Index View? Once you get dates to be displayed, you can sort on those columns. Only disadvantage: you can only sort on one column at a time.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry