Ruth,

I still have not been able to replicate, I take it that by "chapter" you are
referring to a generation. I can only go to 8 generations, and I have
previously heard of problems arising only in very specific circumstances.

In another post you referred to repeated surnames. These do arise where the
descendant is via the maternal side and the ancestors of the partner is known.

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: baber...@worldnet.att.net
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Descendent Report bug
> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:13:34 -0500
>
> Yes, see my e-mail sent earlier with detail.
> This is what prints:
> Aaron David Johnson (Rebekah Yvonne Testa 8, Salvatore Francesco 7, Giuseppe
> Sconza Testa 6, Teresa De Grazia 5, Carmine 4, Maria Teresa Falsetti 3,
> Carlo 2, Giuseppe 1).
>
> This is exactly correct. Aaron's mother's surname is Testa, Rebekah's dad's
> surname is also Testa, his dad's surname is a double surname Sconza Testa,
> his mother's surname is De Grazia as is her father Carmine's surname, his
> mother's surname is Falsetti, her dad and grandfather was also Falsetti.
> Surnames should not be repeated when they are the same, only when the
> surname changes.
>
> Then the report prints
> Rosaria Testini (Salvatore 4, Giovanni 3, Vito 2, Giuseppe 1)
> Rosaria's surname is Testini, her father Salvatore's surname is Sconza Testa
> as are his ancestor's surnames.
>
> Then I get
> Shirley Testa (Joseph Alfred Testa 5, Giuseppa De Grazia 4, Carmine 3,
> Pasquale Maria 2, Nicola 1)
> Shirley Testa is fine, but in some chapters Joseph Alfred is Joseph Alfred
> Testa and in other chapters it's Joseph Alfred. Joseph Alfred is what is
> correct. It should not print the surname if it is the same as the preceding
> person.
>
> I am using the same settings in all 9 chapters of my book, each chapter for
> one of my GGGGrandparents, so I don't know why this last problem happens.
>

> Ruth

Celebrate a decade of Messenger with free winks, emoticons, display pics, and
more.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/