Dennis,

I tried something similar to what you suggested.

1st generation: a couple
2nd generation: bological son of 1st generation who married
3rd generation: adopted son of 2nd generation with a different surname who
married
4th generation: child of adopted son.

The 3rd Generation Descendant report showed:
adopted son full name (father given name only, grandfather given name ony).

Technically this is sort of correct, or rather a mixture or right and wrong!
Frankly I don't know whether I would call this a bug - is it a family
descendant report or a genealocical descendant report. It the moment it is
probably neither. Oh! Decisions, decsions :-)

Tutorials: Programme of adding videos commenced
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: kowal...@iglou.com
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Descendent Report bug
> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:16:50 -0400
>
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:59:50 +0100, ronald ferguson
> wrote:
>
>>As I said in my first email, mine shows the full names and I was unable to
>>replicate your result - hence the problem seems to be somewhere in your
>>settings and not in the program.
>
> Ron:
>
> Try creating a simple 3 person database...
>
> Aaron Smith married Bertha Jones and had son Ron Ferguson
>
> Chose the option to include a main entry for all individuals and then
> run the Descendant Book (Modified Register) report.
>
> I get...
>
> 2. Ron Ferguson [3] (Aaron1). [[ the 1 is superscripted ]]
>
> So it appears that Legacy "assumes" all children have the father's
> surname?
>
> I just noticed a real example of this in my database. My g-grandfather
> Julius Franz KOWALLEK's 1st child was born prior to his marriage to my
> g-grandmother. She was recorded in the birth register as Bertha Ottilie
> WITTKOWSKA. So she shows up in the Modified Register report as Bertha
> Ottilie WITTKOWSKA (Julius Franz).
>
> This could be problematic in regions (like Poland) that use -SKI/-SKA
> surname endings depending on the gender of the individual. Or -OV/-OVA.
> I'm sure there are other examples.
>
> I wonder if there is a website that describes a standard for descendant
> reports? If there is, I couldn't find it.
>
> In the absence of said standard, I'm inclined to agree with Ruth that
> this is a bug.
>
> --
>
> Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
> http://zippersoftware.com/ltools

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and
emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/